Friday, November 04, 2005

A Red Purse and a Yellow Watch!

Ha. Ha. Yes, I own both a red wallet with flowers on it and a yellow watch! They both are mere things, but they mean a lot to me. Why?

Things have a significance and have meaning, because of the person who gave them. These 2 possessions reminded me of myself as a little girl. I used to buy my mom presents and wondered if she'd like them. I remembered I gave her all my sticker collection once. I remembered I gave her a game of draughts once. I remembered I gave her many things, which probably were to my taste more than my mom's.

My mom was a headmistress of the ACS in Seremban. She was the only headmistress, who carried a box file faithfull everyday to school, which was riddled with bambi, snow white, dumbo, donald duck, mickey mouse and all sorts of stickers. And my mom carried it with much pride. I think she was trying to tell me that she appreciated my love.

My wallet and my watch were given to me by someone who also calls me "mom". I wear them with pride and think nothing of the color cos love is colorful. Love matters. When life has worn on, what will matter is who we have loved, how we have loved, who loved us, and what they wrote on our hearts.

Come, let us love one another. Whether it be in red, yellow, green or blue! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home