Thursday, October 06, 2005

I Heard A Guffaw

Why is it I always feel someone is laughing at me?!

The dear old ladies (oops who am I calling old?), correction - the dear ladies of this church who had invited me could not have known their greatest mistake! Somehow they just like having me around. Maybe I make them laugh. But, this time around, their mistake was in the topic they gave me!! They asked me to speak on "CHRISTLIKENESS". I could hear it in the shadows, even God was laughing at me! In preparing the sharing, I laughed a thousand times at myself.

There were more laughs on that day. I got my colleague to dress up as a lawyer, and pretend that she had been walking past the building, when she overheard our topic of conversation. She was supposed to walk in, and make charges against our society, against Christians, against us! And Eu Pui did just that. Wow, I felt we had given them the element of surprise.

But guess what? One of them gave me the surprise. This dear old lady, (I shouldn't make fun of her); didn't realize it was make believe. She really thought Eu Pui just walked into her church and dared to challenge the speaker. She caught Eu Pui by the hand at the end. She told her, "Wow, you are so brave to just come in like that, huh? Where do you go to church? Do you go to church? Why don't you come to our church?" Hahaha! I guess it must have been Eu Pui. She looked unchurched! How many times I told her to look more "spiritual"! ;)

So you see, being Christlike is not so boring, and fearsome. Yeah, yeah, we all laughed. And I didn't imagine it. Someone up there did laugh at me! Or did He? All I know was that instead of sharing something with them, they shared something with me about their lives, their humility, their faithfulness.

But more than that, I heard His voice, "Hoi, Nette, follow me. My life was simple, but the standards high. My life was loving, but it cost my life. Are you willing?" I want to dear Savior, I want to. Forgive me my fragility and feeble faith. Help my unbelief and disobedience.

6 Comments:

Blogger sojourner said...

that really sounded fun! maybe you should try that in CF one day... wish I could have been there to witness it, too bad I'm not an old lady though... just an old man with white hair...

Thursday, October 06, 2005  
Blogger Ph D in Bluffology said...

Hey, we already tried it in our last Bible Study where the same Eu Pui came in dressed as a lawyer!

You know our MMU fellas lah. While she is talking, oredi say, no wonder you disappeared. I already saw you. Etc. Etc.

;)

Thursday, October 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah... i'd have a heart attack if someone comes up to me and grab my hand and say those things suddenly. hehehehe =P

Friday, October 07, 2005  
Blogger dK said...

wah annette not bad that idea was good but eu pui was a really good actor holding her laughters!

Sunday, October 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Student multi trip insurance specialist buy medical equipment with medicare in los angeles Cheap cricket phones for sale health insurance individual plan search Difference medicaid medicare florida Spiral flash dryer sexy feet legs jenn nutritional supplements individual disability insurance companies

Sunday, February 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Nude photos pamela anderson Getting pregnant while taking valtrex Hot nude asian Plano shelves Cialis sans ordonnance Black women milf cellulite stop

Friday, February 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home