Beggars!
Beggars. They fascinate me. The one that caught my attention in the Bible is the paralytic in John 5. Something about his hopeless probably caught Jesus' attention. Jesus saw him, and did not pass him by, as an alms-giving ceremony. Jesus looked him in the eye and made conversation. That conversation turned critical, into a life giving conversation ~ "Get up, take up your mat and walk". "Now that you are well again, see that you do not sin again. Otherwise something worse will happen to you."
Beggars. I see them on the street. Seremban's most crowded pathways are lined with them. I try to look them in the eye. I wonder who they are. Once I wondered if one dressed like a woman, was really a man underneath the veil.
Beggars. I am one. I live my life. But I am begging. I am begging for meaning, I am begging for significance, I am begging for love. They say, beggars can't be choosers. So we settle for anything!
No! Stop that begging! The Son of God says, "Get up, take up your mat, and walk!" I do not belong there. I have the gift of life!
Then why am I here again? Sitting and begging?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home