Friday, November 04, 2005

In Memory of Don Anura

I have been strong. I have been in control. But that day, the 28th, ... I wept openly in the office.

After our the launch of our 24 hour fast and pray for NC, I walked up the stairs to check mail. A letter comes via pos laju addressed to me. I open it, and there is a bank draft inside. It holds a lot of money for the NC. It is from Don's parnets in memory of him.

I cried so much, I cried in front of the computer, I cried in the kitchen, I cried in my office room. Parents who lovingly gave in memory of their son. A son who made a difference because of his campus life. It was in campus that Don became a serious Christian. Because of that, he influenced his parents from nominal Christianity to being serious. They saw his devotion to the Lord, dedication to His work, and lived his brief life as a blessing.

I remembered Don. The first time I met him was at NC 99. I remembered his simple dedication to study Scripture. I remembered his choice to obey God's calling to work in Trengganu. I remembered his thoughtfulness of us in FES ... calling us, makaning with us, wanting to help us.

I remember Don, arriving from Trengganu, to have lunch in the office with whoever was there. He came in to see me, and said, "Hi, Boss. Anything for me to do." He straight away puts down his helmet, and helps me carry a big box down the stairs to the car.

I remember Don. He blessed and was a blessing. My heart breaks a little in remembering. But my heart also remembers him with joy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Hey, seems like we both know Don Anura... A great guy! We both enjoy theology and hope for a malaysian awakening of sorts :)

Sunday, December 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea..i do miss him too....well...he's in a better place.
God Bless.

Friday, June 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it vaniqua facial hair remover jenna jameson pics http://www.hair-removal-28.info/Best-laser-hair-removal-sugeon-on-long-island.html Getting pregnant on valtrex kale handbags Rent a projector Ilwaco car rentals Excessive body hair removal Glycolic acid skin care products Laser skin care ca 1200cc+breast+implant+large Online didrex no md visit Epicurean skin care Spa day spa hair removal houston area Kodak dx4530 digital camera reviews http://www.vw-thing.info/how-can-i-remove-hair-color.html

Sunday, March 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

Thursday, April 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home