Thursday, October 06, 2005

Signposts

What happens when you have lost sigt of the signposts? Have you ever driven long distance, and sorta gone into a trance-like position; and missed all the signboards? Ever since I started coasting the North-South highway many years ago, I have often driven on auto-reverie ... ;) and driven more by instinct rather than looking at signboards.

Once it was so funny, cos I was day dreaming and overshot my exit. So I U-turn back, and went into another day dream and over shot again. I had to U-turn again!! Sigh ....;)

Somehow, like a broken tape recorder I find myself often telling friends who are lost, ... when you are no longer sure, keep on going back down the same road, and reading the signposts again. It will help you clear the doubts, and make clearer what you're supposed to do; where you're supposed to go.

Yeah, eveything in our life is connected! Family, school, university, work, good and bad experiences, etc. The clues on how to live life are found there, as we gaze and read the signboards God posts along the way.

Recently, it has been hard for me to take my own advice. Rather my blurred vision and the ulcers in my spirit almost cowed me. And when I looked up and was thinking, I am leaving my highway ... and gonna try a trunk road; signposts appeared!

Huh? Yeah. In moments of abandonment; the One who never abandons put signposts right in front of my very eyes - He sent angels with words. They were His words. People who prayed and then they sent Scriptures and His impressions.

Yeah, I believe in signposts. But more than that, I believe in the God of signposts, cos when you look and find none; He plonks one right in front of you!!

I'm alive cos He is alive!