Rainy Days
"Rainy days and Mondays always make me down," ... so sang Karen Carpenter. Last week one of the rainy days, made me wanna come back to blog! This was a rainy day that didn't make me feel down.
At 3 in the afternoon, my stomach was so hungry I decided to go across to the mamak to tah pau some lunch. As I was walking, I noticed the dark clouds, so I grabbed an umbrella from the office and briskly made my way across the field. 4 young indian boys were sitting in the playground, on the covered slide. I remembered thinking to myself - what are they sitting there for? Don't they know it's gonna rain bad, and they are gonna get sick?
Off course as I finished the tah pauing, it rained torrents. So I squished my way back to office, walking across the field. Then I saw them! They were turning CARTWHEELS in the rain! I smiled in my heart, cos it was so freeing to see them. I love walking in the rain too - but not in my working clothes (though I only wear jeans!). But what was more endearing was this - as I passed by, these indian boys who didn't know me decided to call out to me. They said, "Aunty, do you know why we are playing in the rain? It has been so long since it didn't rain and we are so happy. We just cannot help ourselves but play in the rain!"
I can't remember what I answered, but I knew that walk across to buy lunch had filled me up with a lightness I didn't have before. It was the lightness of having witnessed PURE ENJOYMENT of simple things like rain - God's rain. I just complained why no rain for so long, why so hazy? But they, they went out and played in the rain. They noticed! And they thanked Him by the way the played!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home