Saturday, August 26, 2006

Interpreting the Silence!



Hi! I am back. 9 months away. People deliver babies in that amount of time. Mine has just been a pregnant PAUSE! ;) I wonder how you have interpreted my silence all this while. Some have concluded that I have given up blogging (which I did contemplate). Others have thought that I was in some kind of trouble. And still others that I was just being plain lazy!!

I'll leave you to continue the interpretations, but for a moment there I really thought my blogging days were over. I return and hope to keep pace, a little slower albeit.

9 months have kept me on the RUN. National Conference came and went - en.ZYME indeed it was for my life; then came the RP2 - rewind, pause, play. Entered the year 2006 with a rushing sprint, and then leapt too high off the jumpboard! Since January I cannot count the number of times I have boarded the plane, the bus, the car and gone away some where for something. Mongolia - where I, for the first time saw snow; and for the first time rode horses was a treat. Beijing was horrible cos I was stranded there.

Camp Cameron with a family called the d'Villa (actually d'villains more like it) made me feel like a real grandma. Then it was everywhere again - Camerons, Sarawak, Penang, Malacca, Kelantan, and on and on.

Hey, wake up. Stop sleeping. I know I started again and its cheong hay! In all these Papa has called me to SIMPLE SPIRITUALITY ... I call it the BEGGAR'S spirituality (Matt 18:1-4) ... coming to Him as a little child, with nothing to offer and being received with such a bang!

My favorite passages to reflect upon these months of pregnant pause have been :
Isa 55 : 1-3, 12-13; Matt 18:1-4; and the hardest cannon of all is Matt 5:1-10.

In silence I have been learning that they are called "BLESSED" ... those who are poor in spirit; and those who mourn; and those who are meek; and those who hunger and thirst for righteousness; and those who are merciful; and those who are pure in heart; and those who are peace makers; and those who are persecuted.

Yes, I failed the course ... and am still learning from the school of life!
Chow!

1 Comments:

Blogger han-yu said...

grandma, thanks for blogging again, and thanks for informing me. thanks for being my grandma, your life has truly inspired me. continue to pray for you. hugz

Saturday, September 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home