It Came & It Went
Yeah, it did. It came and it went. 1st August 2006, was my 18th milestone in FES. 18 roses; 2 hydrogen filled balloons which said 81 (not 18); 3 carnations; a wallet (now its brown); and quite a few cards were the friends who remembered and celebrated with me.
This year, I almost missed it cos of busyness. But I took the day before off, and spent time reflecting on 18 years in the ministry. Well, how to remember 18 years? One only remembers the extremely good or the extremely bad moments cause they etch themselves in the memory. As I remembered, I knew how our Father took a novice and decided it was worth His while to train me. I am thankful for the years and the "Song of Life" that it has taught me. From looking at this short past, I regained strength cos Papa has carried me through the seasons. Yay!!
I know I am on the last lap right now. Wanting to leave next year when my contract expires; I am now thinking of 2 more years after that with a short 3 month sabbatical in between (God-willing). So either next year or in 3 years and that's it. I feel good that the years have toughened me and the organization up. I am so proud of my colleagues who have grown by leaps and bound and are beginning to take on more. They are the rising stars. To God be the glory.
This year, Kim Cheng and I really managed to celebrate, by doing simple things together. We share similar anniversay dates, cept for difference in years. Yeah, the run has been worth it! Pray that I can give the best in the time that's left ... and learn as much as I can form life among students.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home