Saturday, September 10, 2005

I am getting married!

The greatest tyranny I face in the course of what I do, is attend many meetings with people I feel I don't belong with. Many of them are extremely nice, proper, and I call them the elite of the Christian world. I have many meetings with pastors, church workers, and the sorts. Sometimes it is daunting ... cause those of you who know me ... haha I am not one of them!

On the 1st of September I went for one such meeting with a group who were deciding on the syllabus for a theological course on Youth Work. Me being not the teaching kind, quite artfully declined teaching any of the courses offered until I was cornered to do one elective in 2008.

To get out of it .. I told them I couldn't commit so far ahead cos I may not be around. WHen questioned, I dare not give them my real answer. They asked me if I was leaving FES. In my heart, my real hope is to be in heaven by then (it's way over due .. I was supposed to be there by 1993). But I think they couldn't take that kind of answer ... they might really freak out. So I changed my answer and told them, I was getting married!

They looked shocked. But you should have seen their faces when I continued ... "but I have to find the husband first". Haha! These learned people ... were caught in silence for awhile, and then they recovered and laughed. They offered to help me find a husband!

Aiyoh! I already got bridegroom mah! I am preparing myself to meet the Great Bridegroom Himself! (WOw! COming from me ... I must be holy after all!!!)

Chow! 4 postings in a row should be enough to make up for the last month. Love ya!

9 Comments:

Blogger gnileno said...

hahaha, that was a good answer. "i'm getting married"..
oh, i'm suppose to die in 2010 or 2016. 10 and 16 my favourite number haha. the sooner the better haha.

Saturday, September 10, 2005  
Blogger gnileno said...

oh , and today is 10 Sept haha... number 10 again.

Saturday, September 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lemme suggest one person

"cheong gim han!!!"

someone

Tuesday, September 13, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Annett,
I am sure the apostle Paul could have identified with your feelings here when he declared:

Philippians 1:22-26 "If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labour for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me."

Mankind should be glad that you are still around on earth ;-)

Thursday, September 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bodoh punya Gary! I will pull your hairs and beat you up like Nehemiah!

Thursday, September 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahaha... dun angry lar, gim! n soree to annette too for spamming in ur blog! =P take care!!!!

Friday, September 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahlao...getting married di ah...Actually should lor...U got so many bf liao..still wanna b a spinster meh? I think gimhan is not bad la...:p

Monday, September 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

=P very smart! =P

Thursday, September 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

Wednesday, February 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home