We Call Him Sting Ray!!
Just a year ago ~ innocent, untutored (in our way of life), serious, nervous .... a Kenyah from Kuching!! Now????
A pincher! A hair ruffler! A cheeky monster! A Malaysian who knows no boundary (not a mere East Malaysian at heart!).
I am gonna miss him, I treat him as a son and a good friend. We shared a chalet together ... they called him Grandpa and me ~ Grandma. We worked in harmony to laugh at the students, to bully them, to cheer them on and to pray for them. When he was uptight I gave him a pat on the shoulders; when I was down, he patiently listened to my woes. That was Camp Cameron a few months ago.
Over the year he quietly grew on you. He smiled and asked how you were. He did his assignments and often giggled over it. We would laugh at people and he would heave with just heavy sounds coming from his lungs!!! He would quickly get up and carry things for you ~ ever the gentleman.
Hey, who am I talking about?!! My colleague off course! Today was his last day in the headquarters! He goes back to the Kuching office after this. Now who is going to sneak into the library with us to play Rummy Up?! Who will willingly stop by the roadside and buy durians and eat them in the eversame library ... and leave the whole place stinking ... with us?!
Hey brother! You made a difference! And remember ... you can do the same in Kuching! Remember our theme, ... "Legacy Live!!"
.... and oh yeah! Stop ruffling that girl's hair! Take care, and may our Master Journey Maker lead you to paths exhilarating!
I appreciate you.

1 Comments:
Thank you for the kind thoughts. I must admit that won't be easy for me to leave. It's funny how i remembered i cried leaving home years ago, now with heavy heart i'll be leaving this place. To me, it's not the cinema or the curry house restaurant that i'll be missing the most. I must say i'll miss the the sense of beautiful friendship and the room for being just you are in the staff team. I'm reluctant to leave not because of the unknown i'll be exploring but more of the times and memories i'll be missing. Thank you for everything, i appreciate you very much. :-)
Ray
Post a Comment
<< Home