Wednesday, May 18, 2005

"Humbling of Grace"

I was reclining and thinking earlier today what my year was like? A year since I clocked into the big 40! Well, to all apparent eyes I have been riding a high wave ~ Papa graciously blessing a lot of my endeavors.

Yet, as many say, "Life begins at forty!". Hmm, I guess I must agree on that one. I felt I was beginning all over again. Inwardly, I call it the "Humbling of Grace", because "grace" is the meaning of my name. And I felt humbled by the year that has been. Both the joyful and the painful moments have humbled me. Now I know what it took my Father (heavenly Father) to love me and watch over me all these years @ times in joy; and @ times in heartbreak! I felt humbled by the little things in life; and I have felt the call of the lasting echoes of life ~ little things are the ones that matter.

So in my growing years, I am beginning to see again how much the simple things in life are the real important things. It was an inwardly bitter-sweet experience but one I wouldn't have exchanged for anything, cos it brought me back to focus ~ God matters, people matter, the life I live matter. The rest are mere bonuses!!

I begin the new year ..... holding my Papa's hand. Waiting for Him to lead me on.

(And yeah, for those who know me real well and all my prayers to go home earlier and in style, Papa is still ignoring me and my prayers! He is a real tough Guy to convince.)

2 Comments:

Blogger me said...

hola HOLA
Hi Annette!! Long time no c :P
How r u?

hiak hiak - it's me lil li

Wednesday, June 01, 2005  
Blogger me said...

Bluffology - lol

Wednesday, June 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home