Poignant Moments
"Is this the little boy I carried? Is this the little boy so tall?" The night before the 14th, these were my very thoughts about my younger nephew ~ Rosh! I remembered him and was in the midst of praying for him, cos the next day (14th) was his birthday!!
Yup! Time flies. Just the other day a babe, and now a Giant! Just the other day a stranger to the Lord, and now he has accepted Jesus as His Savior. Just the other day a cute, cuddly baby; today a real gentleman!
These are poignant moments when you look back and see the hand of God. They are also poignant moments because they are moments full of questions. Moments where I ask if he will make it? If he will remain strong? If he will take the wrong path? As his aunt, one who has seen him and his family through ups and downs ... yeah! These questions brought tears to my eyes ~ I don't know how he will fare! But I do know Who holds tomorrow, and Who holds his hands.
And so on the 14th, after office @ 7pm, I drove back for a family get together. Each minute made me drive faster, cos suddenly I couldn't wait to get home. Moments are poignant, I do not know if I can always do this!! I had told them to start without me, thinking I would only make it @ 9pm. But I reached home by 7.50, and was in time for dinner. And then the cake cutting ~ what joy a lil time worn song brings ~ "Happy Birthday To You ..." ???!!!
Yeah, in my heart I thought these are precious moments. Ones never to be repeated. My nephew was 14 on the 14th this year!
This morning I took the morning off. We went to spend some of his birthday money collected. We bought a MP3 player! A morning spent walking up and down Seremban hunting for the best bargains. We got it finally by 12.30pm; he in time for his afternoon school, and me to get back to office! He loved it and me too! Poignant moments.
Today, I want to pay tribute to NEPHEWS!!! I love them!

1 Comments:
Hi Annette, seeing so many posts just tells me how long I haven't been here at your site!
So many nephews, yet how come only they can call you Aunty Annette but we monkeys can't? :-P
By the way, Michelle and I played a violin-piano duet on the Fiddler on the Roof song, 'Sunrise Sunset' just before leaving at the end of the recent Kluang reunion.
Speaking of you looking like Obi-Wan Kenobi, could it be that both of you have funky hair? (on second thought, yours is infinitely funkier)...
- Ben
Post a Comment
<< Home