Sunday, June 26, 2005

I Am Popo The Clown?!

Today's sermon was based on Isaiah 35, about being joyful Christians in the midst of realities. My pastor is a funny fellow spicing us up with personal humour and also borrowed ones.

During the sermon he mentioned, how stressed we can get. He told the story of a man going to see a doctor, asking for help for his insomnia, stress and tension. He wanted some pills. The doctor being realistic, told him, "What you need is just to get away. Try to relax and have some fun. Hey, the circus is in town this week, why don't you go and watch Popo the clown, and have a few laughs. You will feel better!" The patient replied, "But I am Popo the clown!"

That stayed with me. Hehe! I asked myself, "Am I Popo the clown?" Making others laugh and be happy, yet there are realities inside to be faced? I am happy to stay with this question, cos in July I will go for my annual retreat, where I undergo a personal "medical examination" ... to see how I have been coming along. And if I find I am Popo the clown, I am gonna stop clowning around for awhile and do something else needful.

Many of us live our lives without a fullstop. There are many commas and our life becomes one long sentence! Hey, take a break. "Have a kitkat" ;) Then only can we let in fresh air, and make our story one with many twists and turns, many sentences and paragraphs! Yeah, now I remember what I always got scolded for by my English teachers, writing long sentences, punctuated with commas, hyphens and exclamations!!!!!

Life is a circus. But it is time to stop as well. I may be Popo the clown, but there's a face and a heart underneath my garb. I am going away! Yep! I am going away, even if it is for 5 days only. Where? Dunno yet. But I am going away!

Hey, are you Popo the clown? Common get away, man! This is advice from your Dr ~ PhD in Bluffology!!! Love ya!

2 Comments:

Blogger antiterrorist said...

Dear beloved popo,
have a fruitful time when u go for your annual retreat.
may u find peace and rest during that 5 days.
come back with a fully charged body and mind ya ;)

Tuesday, June 28, 2005  
Blogger gnileno said...

wei , i was doing my quiet time yesterday, and the passage i read from Every Day With Jesus is on Popo the clown. Really. but the clown name he didnt say la.

Thursday, June 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home