Tuesday, September 02, 2008

20 Over Years Ago ...

When I was a student in USM over 20 years ago, I spent a day cycling around Penang Island. I came across a grave which impacted me so much. I thought it was in the Youth Park.

All these years I searched for it, but someone told me there was no graveyard at Youth Park. So I searched in all the wrong places. 2 weeks ago brought me to Penang again. My spirits were drained, bashed around and finding handles to hold on to. I wanted God to lift my spirits and give me the "wind beneath my wings".

We passed a Protestant Burial Ground. I mentally noted it and said to myself, I must come there and look sometime. But somehow,one of the day of the retreat brought me to the Youth Park. As we drove in, I spotted the cemetery. I decided to walk in with a friend. In my haste to search what I was looking for, I left her behind.

Time was up! Had to go back. Was about to give up, when I turned and saw it! WOW! My spirit was lifted, and I was called to UNSWERVING LOYALTY to the one who has loved me so. (Thank you, Lord for knowing I needed this for the next mile!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home