Saturday, November 10, 2007

Bersih!! Our voice ....

Yes, I have not kept to my resolution to be silent for the year! I have made a come back on this HISTORIC DAY! 10th November ~ BERSIH! I wasn't able to be there for some unforseen reason. But I am so proud of students and graduates who went.

Yup, it could be wise or unwise, just as one looks at 2 sides of the coin. But the concerns of just elections and fair process is strong enough reason for our voice to be heard.

Because I couldn't be there, I kept up with the news, ... I heard the MMU fellas; the UM fellas; and many others were there. Thanks you for your voice! Reading this e-mail from Samuel just made me cry and weep for our nation and asking God to have mercy on us

"But I guess the reason why I'm writing this to you is to ask that we pray- even if we don't subscribe to their politics, the exact contents of the memorandum or the means by which the organisers are choosing to express themselves, I think we all agree in principle for free and fair elections in our country. So even though the organisers are handing over a memorandum to a king who is in many ways not sovereign, we on the other hand have free and confident access to a King who is, as God has given Him all authority- in heaven and on Earth. So maybe its a good time to join our fellow citizens' cry, maybe not in protest, but in prayer to our sovereign Father for justice, fairness and peace to prevail in our land and our elections- whoever the PM is. I believe where there is justice, our just God is glorified.

Secondly, I ask that you pray for the situation in KL tomorrow. Estimates of figures run from 3000 to 10000 to 30000 and most recently they claim that they're expecting 100,000. The police have on their part promised to do what it takes to disperse the participants. The use of tear gas and other items in their arsenal is likely. Please pray for cool heads to prevail, for there not to be violence and that the inciters and trouble makers will not be able to detract the people from their objective, which is a peaceful one. Also please pray for reasonableness and restraint on the part of the authorities.

Lastly, please do pray for us. Like I said, we do risk arrest or whatever the authorities decide to do as we will be physically there. We're on a strict non-intervention and cooperative policy though, so hopefully they will not make us a target too. You never know what might happen though, please do remember us in prayer. The rally's supposed to start at 3pm and end by 6pm, but we'll be on the ground from 1:30pm. We're excited, but we are also aware of the risks involved. Pray for wisdom and guidance from God should anything happen that we'll make good decisions."


Thank you again for being the generation that carries our hope for a better Malaysia and a better tomorrow. I have been touched by you all.

6 Comments:

Blogger kiawin said...

i can't agree more ;) glad to hear your "voice" again :)

Saturday, November 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back. read about the news over the internet. madness. malaysia, you are in our prayers.

-sadat

Sunday, November 11, 2007  
Blogger Aaron Chan Chee Kin said...

Hi mama,

Glad u have broken ur resolution. I'm a BERSIH fan and plan to where something yellow from this Saturday onwards

Aaron

Thursday, November 15, 2007  
Blogger Anne Leong said...

Yeah...only knew about the magnitude of BERSIH from the internet. The local print media played it down so much.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007  
Blogger Suit Lin said...

yay! you blogged :)

Tuesday, December 04, 2007  
Blogger dK said...

wahh you decided to blog again eh.. haha

Monday, January 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home