My Tribute ...
Yep, it's still a few days early, but I'll be on the road by then.
1st August 1988 ... wow, 20 years ago ~ a new kid on the block, landed in SS5, thinking it was Seksyen 5 Petaling Jaya. Of course I was late for work!!! Aiyoh, I wondered what I had gotten myself into. I didn't like PJ, the job was so serious (believe it, I was even afraid to laugh too loudly). That is all history now.
20 years since that novice came on board. Many tears shed along the way. Giant failures smacked into my face. Hilarious episodes of funny happenings ~ like getting caught by security guard of campuses; ghost busting; turning up for a camp as a main speaker without my luggage and my formal clothes! Yikes. Moments when I wanted to call it quits. Many, many hours of just tears at my altar in office.
So many memories; so many evidences of the Great One ~ my pillar of fire by night; and cloud by day. If God had not been on my side; let me say it again, if God had not lifted me up ~ maybe I will be a dark blot in the history of Christians who quit.
My tribute is to the "GOD OF MY MANY SPLENDORED JOURNEY". Thank you for not giving up on me, my Lord!
Today as I celebrate this journey. I remember my running mates who labored with me in love. My colleagues; my best friend who saw me through the dark nights; my "daughter" who lovingly prays for me and cheers me on; my family who surrendered me to the Lord; and all those who journeyed as students. I also thank God for sending me to USM, that crazy campus where crazy Christians are nurtured. It's there I started my journey.
I could go on, but it would only be wasted words. To God be the glory, great things He has done! And for those of you, who gave me the surprise 20th anniversary party and who wrote in for the scrapbook, I was touched beyond words.

3 Comments:
Congrats, Annette!
I celebrate you :)
*hugs*
to God be the glory!
=)
Post a Comment
<< Home