The Tragic Christmas ....!
I attended a church Christmas dinner. It was a tragedy to me. I haven't been to a church Christmas dinner in almost 10 years, cos I have been too busy. I made it for this one. An 8 course dinner! Superb. Singing! Dancing! Carolling! Even a mini sermon where no one was listening cos they were busy eating. But where was Christ? I couldn't find Him.
This Christmas can be tragic just like the last one, and the last one, and the last one right down history till the first Christmas. Not many were waiting for the Messiah. And not one expected God's surprise of the little baby!
I feel sad when I think how we squander our Christmases with NO ROOM for Him. On the 8th of December, as I was staying up all night to prepared for a camp, I plugged in the earphones and listened to Christmas carols. God brought me on my knees when I heard the hymn, "Come Thou Long Expected Jesus", born to set Thy people free. Yes, I need that. My family needs that. My friends need that. FES needs that. My colleagues need that. So, as I head home afterwards, this is my cry, "Come Thou Long Expected Jesus", ... into our messy lives, and our pain-ridden world. Come and set Thy people free. Blessed Christmas friends! Much love from me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home