Through Many Dangers, Toils & Snares
I want to share this day with you. A celebration of what started 17 years ago ... an adventure with many twists and turns! And still soldiering on ... through many dangers, toils and snares ... cos of His AMAZING GRACE!
I aksed my colleague Pek Heong who was here long before I came into FES, "Remember?" SHe asked me, "Remember, what?" I told her, "Remember 17 years ago a naive fresh graduate came and joined FES on this date?! Melah!" SHe said, "Yes I remember, you were half your size!!"
Aww! Ouch! Haha! That's all she remembered?! Yeah, tis my anniversary of joining FES. Never thought I'd stay 17 years. Here is an excerpt of my letter to my Papa in heaven :
Papa,
Oh Papa, it's our anniversary in FES. I cannot imagine that 17 years ago I was a naive fresh graduate! And You've been with me through thick and thin, Pa. It's been a tremendous school ... the school of life.
Here is where You shaped in me a vocation. Here is where I learnt You will come through. Here is where I was endowed and annointed with many gifts from You. Here is where I've seen Your miracles of leading a simple, playful girl.
Papa, here I lost my naivete. Pa, here You taught me to soldier on. I never expected to be used by You, to be entrusted with leadership, and one day be a GS. You raised me Pa. Thank You!! Everything I know, You taught me, ... as I often lay sprawled before you at the altar of tears.
Then 4 years into all that, on this same date, You brought into my life ... "mimi" ... (for privacy sake). I never expected a friend after such acute loneliness. But You gave me this gift of a friend. And we have become sisters, Lord. Thank You.
And along the way, You brought many treasures and gifts ... one especially precious ~ "nathaniel" (means God-given). Through FES You made me learn ... and as I learnt, to pass it on! I have gained much! Much more than I have given.
This year has been a dark nite on all sides ~ ministry, family, news, treasures, .... and yet ... Your light has kept me. My heart aches, but it also rejoices because You are a KEEPING God.
Here's a TOAST to You, Papa. I love You!!"
And here's my testimony, of how a naive simpleton has been raised by the Lord. Each step of the way was paved with gold (which came after His refining fire!). I look back and I see the same person, with the same spirit; but different in size, depth, understanding and toughness. My heart feels overwhelmed cos I never expected it all.
"Never say never!" You could be surprised!! But for me, "Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me!!"

2 Comments:
=) Beautiful!!! Happy 17th Anniversary! =P
best regards, nice info
» »
Post a Comment
<< Home