That Night Of Cockroaches, and Precarious Conversation
Insomnia hits and it hits bad. Counting sheep never helped an insomniac. In fact it keeps him even more awake.
I came out of my room for the umpteenth time that night the SILENCE wore on. I switched on the light and the cockroaches were there ... scurrying away. I thought to myself .... poor things. They need a life too, ... just let them be!
Earlier on I had heard a piercing scream and had looked out the balcony. I saw a small crowd on the ground floor dispersing. Many men, one woman. I wondered what had happened. Initially I thought it had been some wife beating; or someone jumping off the building!
That had been at 1 something in the morning. Now it was 3 am. Coming back to the cockroaches ... LET THEM BE!! My thoughts mocked me. Let them be! Many things in our lives which we have no control off .... "let them be!" Huh?!
But how? Words that were spoken that should never have been spoken. And you were the speaker! Or you were the hearer?! Deeded done that you were the recipient. Deeds done by others that violated others but you felt upset over. People you care about who stay on your mind, who you think about during an insomnia attack! All these precarious conversations that we sow into one another's lives.
The same words resounded in the silence, "Let them be ....." Not ignore! Not sweep under the carpet! Not runaway! "Let them be". Let them be in the hands of the One who carries the world on His shoulder. Into the hands of the One who sifts them, who heals, who restores, and who knows what He is doing in our lives.
Even an insomniac cannot runaway from those hands!! Yeah, I will let them be! Strangely after these reflections, which I will choose to see now as my Divine Appointment that night, I wrote the words of "Your Silence..." and found sleep for my soul! Yawn...... Good night!
"Let them be!"
PS : Will not be blogging for a few days! Am gonna be away! Let them be! Hehe.

1 Comments:
aiyor gramps... how come so many cockcroaches lurking around ur place? must be very dirty.. or u're just keeping them as pets? :)
just call pest control lah.. hahaha.. or u want some drugs to drug them? *grin*
your drug pushing grand dotter
Post a Comment
<< Home