The Journey With The Bamboos

Another year has opened wide its canvas, and I have truged through it with my footprints. My heart was often bursting. Bursting with fear whether I could carry the load; bursting with hope that tomorrow would bring something diferent; bursting with joy as dreams did come through; bursting with questions as I wonder should I carry on this journey.
I looked and I remembered my friends, the bamboo. I watched them in their 4 seasons of awinter, spring, summer and fall. Winter spoke the most. They were weighed down, bent oer with snow. I saw them next, bounce back, with the snow shaken off. Resilience, strength and character. I like the bamboo. It has the "ruas" ~ space for growth, bending and stressing. I wanna be like that too.
Then, I chanced upon this picture .... serene and composed. Yes, I believe I can become like that too .... only if I live through the pilgrimage ~ bamboo-like in nature and resilience.
As I step into the last 2 months of the year, my heart calls from within, "Rise Up O Men Of God!" ... rise up and shake off the winter, rise up and receive the mantle of grace.
Lord, have mercy. Christ have mercy!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home