Saturday, September 02, 2006

At Every Bend




I used to call this man my "father" for a while. He is often a man of very few words, but penetrating in wisdom and discernment. He came into my life at the end of my very first year of ministry. At that time, I thought I was going to pack up and leave! I felt I didn't have it in me to be a fulltime worker. I met this man at Camp Cameron that year. His words, his being challenged me. I changed my mind about leaving. And oh yeah, I forgot about leaving altogether. It has been 18 years since! And God has brought him into my life at crisis moments - times when I couldn't see around the bend. I met him 6 years later at difficult times for FES; then again when I had to consider taking up the responsibility as General Secretary. And now when I was wondering what to do after 18 years.

No advice! But he LISTENS. He listened to my hearts exchoes and he mirrored for me some of my questions and reflections. In seeing and hearing, I think I have found the courage to continue walking into the unknown future.

Yeah, I believe in having WISE FRIENDS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home