Cancer, Trauma & All Of Life
I have just come back from the ladies meeting at a church in PJ. Just before I was called up to speak, they sang the song, "Trust & Obey". I couldn't sing it cos I was crying. I was very moved by these ladies.
I have gone back every year to speak at one of their monthly meeting. It is my 4th time back. I often come away more encouraged than what I think I leave behind. There's one lady who was in my small group 3 years ago - very sassy looking lady, cool and dignified. She looked rich, and gentle. Last year when I saw her she looked tried and a little haggard. This time around I didn't recognize her. But she came up to greet me. I was shocked at what cancer had done to her body. Then the lady who gave testimony also shared of her cancer for the last 10 years and how God has brought her through.
My topic was "Trusting His Lordship". It was difficult for me .... but as we shared together God's track record in our lives and all that He promises, I saw many who were in tears and who felt encouraged.
I the "sharer" came home with many lessons learnt of being faithful amidt the calamities and properity of life!!
Thank you, Lord for your school of life!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home