Monday, July 18, 2005

Scoliosis!! Tempered Glass!!





One of the highlights of my recent getaway .... The Japanese Tea House was lined with a running stream and a few ponds. Many Japanese Carp swam freely ... a cheer to the eyes. And yet this second pix spoke volumes to me.





I found this fish with a bent back!! My best friend said, the fish had scoliosis! ;) It was hardly moving. I felt sorry and strange. Then I noticed something else. All the fish in that pond were hardly moving, save the goldfish. Then it dawned on me, that someone had lovingly created a nursing home for these "sick" fish. Some of the other carps there had big wounds on their body.

I was moved cos, gentle, loving hands had not abandoned even the sick and bent! There was hope for me and others like me when we felt tired, weary and beaten out of shape. I felt health returning to my body over the few days in my "pond" at Villa Mutiara.

Then on the last morning, I got an even surprise. I had been watching VCDs throughout the holiday. I had noticed this label on the showcase where the TV was placed. It said "TEMPERED GLASS". It had caught my attention since the first day. So on this last morning, I gave into the temptation and read the label. It said,
"6-8 times stronger. Extra resistant. Can carry heavier loads."

Wow! I felt God was saying to me, "That is what I have been doing in your life these last few months. I have been making you into "tempered glass". It has been painful, ... the lessons. It has changed me. It has made me more human. It has made me stronger.

Hey, I have come through the dark nights! And yes, I have become tempered glass. Even the fish (me) with scoliosis has hope!!! Keep waiting until the night is over ....

Never give up!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ayo... just properly read this one... wow... this is sooo special... so touched. =)

Sunday, August 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home